Having problems with your septic tank?
You may need a septic tank inspection.
Nobody really wants to think about sewage treatment and septic tanks but Enviroguard are here to help. If your property is having a problem, or if you are buying a new property connected to a septic tank, it’s really important to get a thorough septic tank/drainage field inspection carried out.
This usually involves emptying the septic tank, and carrying out a CCTV drainage survey of the pipes leading to and from the septic tank itself. The structure of the tank is also checked for any possible damage such as root ingress or cracks, the risers and the lids and covers will also be checked.
New septic tank regulations under the Environment Agency’s ‘General Binding Rules’ came into force on 1 January 2015 and often crop up during the house buying process.
Enviroguard are well placed to inspect the drainage field to assess the location of the discharge points and check if the system complies with legislation and is working efficiently.
We will provide you with a pre-purchase survey report which will include:
- Confirmation on whether or not the septic tank is the right size for the property, as per Building Regulations 2010 Part H.
- Whether or not the system is compliant with current legislation and the new General Binding Rules due in 2020.
- Any damage found within the tank such as cracks or splits in the walls.
- Confirmation that any dip pipes or baffles are in place.
- Any recommendations if problems are found.
- We’ll also email you a link where you can view the cctv footage of the foul water drains.
Get in touch
Enviroguard are experts in drainage surveys, and have all the expertise, experience and equipment necessary to provide a comprehensive drain surveying service. Simply call us on 01539 720950. Or, alternatively, please use our online enquiry